DEPARTMENT OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND MATERIAL SCIENCE
In December 2011, the departments of inorganic and organic chemistry merged. In 2018 in August there was a separation of the departments of inorganic and organic chemistry, on inorganic chemistry and materials science, and organic and bioorganic chemistry. Until March 2018, the department was headed by associate profess`or Tillaev S.U. In March 2018, candidate of chemical sciences, laureate of the Beruni state prize, associate professor Normuradov Z.N. was elected the head of the department.
To date, the department employs 18 faculty members. Including 2 doctors of science (1 professors), 6 candidates of science - associate professors, 2 candidate of sciences - senior teachers, 1 assistant Ph.D. and 7 assistants without a scientific degree. The scientific degree of the department is 56%. The average age of the department is 43 years.
The main scientific directions of the department are
- “Synthesis and study of the structure of the reactivity of inorganic substances for use in the diagnosis of ecosystems”
- Synthesis of materials using the sol-gel technology and spectroscopic characterization.
- Synthesis of coordination compounds of d- and p-elements with ligands of organic acids and the study of their structure, reactivity and application in the diagnosis of ecosystems.
- Development of technologies for the production of gray-phosphorus-containing fertilizers from low-quality phosphorites of Central Kizilkum.
- Development of analytical systems, sensors and devices based on composite materials and nanotechnologies for environmental monitoring of the environment and clinical diagnostics.
- Preparation of pyrogen-free drugs based on local raw materials, providing fire safety and fire resistance of various materials.
- Synthesis, isolation and study of biologically active substances and biological products of synthetic and natural origin, with pronounced medicinal and antioxidant properties.
There are 2 master courses in the department:
- Inorganic chemistry - 5А140501.
- Chemistry of materials and substances - 5А140502.